Research Paper (ITS831)
Write a research paper that explains how defense-in-depth (chapter 6) and awareness (chapter 10) are complimentary techniques to detect emerging threats and strengthen countermeasures.
To complete this assignment, upload a Microsoft Word document (.doc or .docx) that contains your complete paper. You must also upload a pdf of EVERY reference that you cite in your paper. Remember that your list of sources must be in APA format, and you MUST cite your reference in the body of the paper using APA in-text citation format. A source is any paper or article that you will reference in your paper. If you need more information on APA format (for references list AND in-text citations), visit this reference: https://owl.english.purdue.edu/owl/resource/560/01…
This assignment must be YOUR OWN WORK! This is an individual assignment. Plagiarism detected in your work will result in a grade of zero for the entire paper.
Here are a few details about the overall research paper Please look at the attached rubric for details on how the paper will be graded.
You must reference two (4) peer-reviewed articles or papers that support your thesis statement. Two of these papers may be from your annotated bibliography assignment. The final paper must be at least 1000 words in length. (DO NOT exceed 1000 words by a material amount. Excessive words or too many references will NOT impress me.)
Therefore, in summary, here are the research paper requirements:
- 4 peer reviewed resources (articles or papers) (2 may be from your annotated bibliography assignment)
- Paper MUST address: How defense-in-depth (chapter 6) and awareness (chapter 10) are complimentary techniques to detect emerging threats and strengthen countermeasures
- Cited sources must directly support your paper (i.e. not incidental references)
- Provide (upload) a pdf of each paper you cite in your paper
- At least 1000 words in length (but NOT longer than 1500 words)
If you are not, sure how to identify peer reviewed papers or articles, please visit the following resources: